Who You Are
You are a sharp, motivated, and detail-oriented Creative excited about supporting a startup beauty brand with graphic design, photography, and video editing.
You are attending a college or university in the Greater New York City area and are eligible for school credit.
What You’ll Be Working On
- Creating imagery for use across Finding Ferdinand’s digital touch points including homepage and email banners, blog posts, and social media
- Documenting influencer interviews for the Color Guide blog
- Editing and resizing images as needed
- Taking editorial-style photos of product assortment for use on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Organization, naming, and version control of all image files in database
- Assisting in coordination of new product and model shoots with our photography studio
What’s In It For You
The Design internship is an opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing startup that’s leading the way in personalized cosmetics. Your designs will be utilized across our digital platforms and your work will be valued and appreciated by a tight-knit team that values our employees as much as we value our customers. After all, what’s a custom beauty brand without the people?
In addition to your daily responsibilities under your assigned manager, you will have access to a personal mentor in another area of the company, making sure you get more education and experience.
BONUS: Our interns receive lunch stipends for every day they are in the office and are invited to all team outings during the semester including team dinners, NYC performances, and beauty conferences and workshops.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of basic HTML, CSS
- Previous usage or exploration of iMovie or Adobe After Effects
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work at FF HQ in Midtown Manhattan 15 hours per week minimum for the duration of a semester.
Nice to Haves
- Relevant work experience in beauty or related industries
- Understanding of social media and marketing principles
- Experience with digital photography and product styling
To apply, please send a short cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com. Only complete applications sent via email will be considered.